Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| CUNNINGAIR | Cunningair Cunningair Cunningair |
D. Gairdner Esq, Factor Captain Hamilton M.P. J. Christie Steward |
018.02 | A small property in Dalziel Parish on the south side of the River Clyde. It is now the property of the Duke of Hamilton, but it formerly belonged to Dalzell Estate. There are offices, now almost in ruins on the adjoinng trace 6 XVIII-1 belonging to this house, It is a superior house-Cunningair |
| STONE CROSS [Baron's Haugh] | Stone Cross Stone Cross Stone Cross Stone Cross |
Captain Hamilton M.P. Pr[Proprietor]. J. Christie Steward William Cassells Gardener New Statistical Account |
018.02 | "A cross stone stands near the site of Baron Nisbet's house. (The adjoining orchard to which is called Baron's Yaird). It is a heptagon with a sword emblazoned on one side of it" New Statistical Account. The stone cross is about 5 feet in height of an octagonal (underlined) shape. It (upon the authority William Cassels gardener) formerly stood near the lodge entrance at Knowehead (trace XII-14) & was removed to its present position about 40 years ago, |
Continued entries/extra info
Header: [Page] 70 Co. Lanark Dalziel Parish
Ordnance Survey - Lanark county, OS Name Books - Lanark county - Volume 21 - Parish of Dalziel, OS1/21/21
This volume contains information on place names found in the parish of Dalziel.
Ordnance Survey - Lanark county
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the county of Lanark, which is in the west of Scotland. The boundaries of the county were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.