Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| RUMBLINGSIKE | Rumblingsike Rumblingsike Rumblingsike Rumblingsike Rumblingsike Rumblingsi |
Valuation Roll John Watson Lessee of Colliery John Christie Steward Alexander Whamond Parish Schoolmaster John Freebairn Craigneuk J. Hamilton Nether Johnston |
012.14 | A colliery village chiefly the property of J. Watson Esq.[Esquire] Feuar. The Turnpike road through here on one time passing "Over Johnston" , but Lord Bellhaven, since the course of the road changed, purchased the feues & made the road private. There is a check bar at the east end of the village on the parish road where it crosses the old Turnpike, now a private road. The name is taken from a little stream or sike which is covered over in passing the village. There is no school, inn or smithy in Rumblingsike, nor is there a post office. |
Continued entries/extra info
Header: [Page] 50 Co. Lanark Dalziel Parish
Ordnance Survey - Lanark county, OS Name Books - Lanark county - Volume 21 - Parish of Dalziel, OS1/21/21
This volume contains information on place names found in the parish of Dalziel.
Ordnance Survey - Lanark county
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the county of Lanark, which is in the west of Scotland. The boundaries of the county were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.