Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| DALZELL HOUSE | Dalzell House Dalzell House Dalzell House Dalzell House Dalzell House Dalyell(oldest) House Dalzell and Dalziel Dalziel House Dalziel House Dalziel House Dalziel House Dalziel House Dalziel House |
Captain Hamilton M.P. Proprietor Estate Map J. Christie Estate Steward Reverend Joseph Loudon Parish Minister Church Records prior to 1797- from 1644( the oldest books in possession of the Parish) Title Deeds Valuation Roll Forrest's County Map Johnston Map Chalmers Caledonia New Statistical Account Fullerton's Gazeteer |
018.02 | "Dalziel House was built in1649. Attached to the house is an old tower formerly called "Peel House" without date." New Statistical Account. There are fine ornamental grounds, extensive orchards & a good garden as well as an estate attached to this house. The antique portions of Dalzell House are shown on Exmn: Trace by line across. The date 1649 appears on the west side , adjoining the Peel House over a door which is now built in. There is a round tower or turret at the south west angle of the house & within there are several stone stairs, some of which are circular or winding. The Peel ( upon the authority of Captain Hamilton) was built in the 14th Century. The walls of this tower- |
| PEEL [Dalzell House] | 018.02 |
Continued entries/extra info
Header; Co. Lanark Dalziel Parish [Page] 67
Transcriber's notes
Continued on page 68
Ordnance Survey - Lanark county, OS Name Books - Lanark county - Volume 21 - Parish of Dalziel, OS1/21/21
This volume contains information on place names found in the parish of Dalziel.
Ordnance Survey - Lanark county
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the county of Lanark, which is in the west of Scotland. The boundaries of the county were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.