Volume contents
- 1 - Dalserf , Page 1 (start)
- 10 - Dalserf , Page 10
- 20 - Dalserf , Page 20
- 30 - Dalserf , Page 30
- 40 - Dalserf , Page 40
- 50 - Dalserf , Page 50
- 60 - Dalserf , Page 60
- 70 - Dalserf , Page 70
- 80 - Dalserf , Page 80
- 90 - Dalserf , Page 90
- 100 - Dalserf , Page 100
- 101 - Dalserf , Page 101 (end)
- 102 - Dalserf , Title Page
- 103 - Dalserf , Index
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| GARION BRIDGE | Garion Bridge and Toll House. Garrion. Garion |
J. Christis, Road Surveyor. J. Litster, Hamilton Palace. New Statistical Account. Jm. Pender, Tollkeeper. Table of Tolls. Forest's Co. Maps |
018.11 | A stone bridge of three arches over the river clyde, on the line of the Edinburgh and Ayr turn pike road. By an inscription on the toll house the following information is given, "In testimony of respect and gratitude" "to gent, in J. Stewart Denham of Coltness, and Westshield. Bt. In whose patriotie yeal for the improvement of his country this bridge originated; and by whole liberal contributions united with those of Mrs Catherine Binnie Mitchelson of Broomhill, and the Revd. J. Scott d.d. Minister of Avondale, it was happily completed in the year 1817, at a time when there was no safe passage across the clyde from Lanark to Bothwell. The other Contributors erected this tablet." Inscription on Toll House |
| TOLL [Garion Bridge] | 018.11 |
Ordnance Survey - Lanark county, OS Name Books - Lanark county - Volume 20 - Parish of Dalserf, OS1/21/20
This volume contains information on place names found in the parish of Dalserf.
Ordnance Survey - Lanark county
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the county of Lanark, which is in the west of Scotland. The boundaries of the county were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.