Volume contents
- 1 - Dundee etc , Index
- 5 - Dundee etc , Page 5 (start)
- 9A - Dundee etc , loose page
- 10 - Dundee etc , Page 10
- 20 - Dundee etc , Page 20
- 30 - Dundee etc , Page 30
- 40 - Dundee etc , Page 40
- 50 - Dundee etc , Page 50
- 60 - Dundee etc , Page 60
- 70 - Dundee etc , Page 70
- 80 - Dundee etc , Page 80
- 90 - Dundee etc , Page 90
- 96 - Dundee etc , Page 96 (end)
- 97 - Dundee etc , Title Page
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| [Cross Church continued] | [continued from page 59] finally purchased by the Corporation of the Town of Dundee for their use in perpetuity. The Church of the Blessed Virgin was the ancient Parish Church of Dundee divided by a decree of the Lords of Session dated 23rd. July 1788 into four Churches or separate Congregations named respectively St. Mary's St. Pauls St. Clement's & St. John's. since its erection however, three of these only are provided for on the same spot and the site of the latter is built over. Under these Circumstances a question might arise - this Church having no dedicatory name - whether its proper designation on the Government Plans should be "St. John's or Cross Church" or simply "Presbyterian Church" or "Established Presbyterian Church" It is always alluded to in official documents pertaining to the ecclesiastical affairs of the Town &c. as "St. John's or Cross Church". |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 60
Ordnance Survey - Angus county, OS Name Books - Forfar (Angus) county - Volume 35 - Town of Dundee, OS1/14/35
This volume contains information on place names found in the Forfarshire town of Dundee.
Ordnance Survey - Angus county
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the county of Angus, which is in the east of Scotland. The boundaries of the county were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.