Volume contents
- 1 - Dundee etc , Index
- 5 - Dundee etc , Page 5 (start)
- 9A - Dundee etc , loose page
- 10 - Dundee etc , Page 10
- 20 - Dundee etc , Page 20
- 30 - Dundee etc , Page 30
- 40 - Dundee etc , Page 40
- 50 - Dundee etc , Page 50
- 60 - Dundee etc , Page 60
- 70 - Dundee etc , Page 70
- 80 - Dundee etc , Page 80
- 90 - Dundee etc , Page 90
- 96 - Dundee etc , Page 96 (end)
- 97 - Dundee etc , Title Page
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| WESLEYAN METHODIST CHAPEL [Overgate, Dundee] | Wesleyan Methodist Chapel | Revd. [Reverend] John Drake Dundee Directory Revd. [Reverend] John Reacher |
054 | [Situation] On the west side of Tally Street at its junction with Overgate. A plainly built Chapel, erected in 1790, & situated at the North West corner of Tally Street adjoining the Overgate. The basement or ground floor is used as shops & the entrance to the Chapel is from the rere of building, on the South Side. It contains Sittings for 500 - 160 of which are free. the number of Communicants is 150 and the minister's salary £100 per annum is derived from the voluntary contributions of the Church & Congregation. There is a Sunday School in Connection with this Chapel situated in the Murraygate. Ministers Revd. [Reverend] John Drake & Revd. [Reverend] John Reacher |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 43
Town of Dundee -- Sheet 54.9 No. 4 Trace 3
[Note]
Seats for 500
Ordnance Survey - Angus county, OS Name Books - Forfar (Angus) county - Volume 35 - Town of Dundee, OS1/14/35
This volume contains information on place names found in the Forfarshire town of Dundee.
Ordnance Survey - Angus county
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the county of Angus, which is in the east of Scotland. The boundaries of the county were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.