Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| NEW ROW | New Row New Row New Row |
Name on corner Mr Lambert Supr [Superintendent] of Police George Boyd Gas WorKs |
035 | [Situation] Extends from the East corner of High Street Southwards A long street extending from East corner of High street to the East corner of East Nethertown Street. |
| COMMERCIAL SCHOOL | Commercial School Commercial School Commercial School |
Mr John Mathew Master Chalmers Historical account of Dunfermline Mr Kilgour |
035 | [Situation] On the South of Viewfield Place and about 3 chains West from Viewfield House A high building (of 3 flats) Founded in the Year 1816 and belongs to the fraternity of Guildry, and is under their patronage and management. The lower flat consists of two school rooms - with a play Ground in front - and the upper part the residence of the Master |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 7
Sheet 5 -- Trace 4 -- Town of Dunfermline
Transcriber's notes
See also Town Plan - http://maps.nls.uk/view/74415329
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 122 - Town of Dunfermline, OS1/13/122
This volume contains information on the place names found in the town of Dunfermline.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties