Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| MILL HILL QUARRY (Freestone) | Mill Hill Quarry Mill Hill Quarry Mill Hill Quarry |
Mr Kilgour (Town Clerk) Mr John Scotland Mr Craig |
035 | [Situation] About 2 chains to the North of Brucefield Road A Freestone Quarry on the Transy Estate, the stone obtained from it is not of a very good description, It is let to Mr Duncanson Mason Dunfermline. |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 27
Sheet 5 -- Town of Dunfermline
[Signed] John Bayly Capt R.E [Captain Royal Engineers]
25 Feby [February] 1854.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 122 - Town of Dunfermline, OS1/13/122
This volume contains information on the place names found in the town of Dunfermline.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties