Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| TRANSY FARM STEADING | Transy Farm steading Transy Farm steading Transy Farm steading |
Mr Fair (Occupier) Mr Kilgour Mr Scotland |
035 | [Situation] About 1 & ½ Chains North East from the Northern corner of Mill Hill Quarry A Farm House & Offices, the property of the Transy Iron WorKs Company. present tenant Mr Fair. |
| HIGH STREET | High Street | See Sheet 4 | 035 | [Situation] Commences at the junction of East Port St & Bonnar St and extends Westward For descriptive remarks of this street see name booK for sheet 4. |
| QUEEN ANNE STREET | Queen Anne Street Queen Anne Street Queen Anne Street |
Rev. [Reverend] Mr Chalmers Rev. [Reverend] Mr Young ErsKine Beveridge Provost |
035 | [Situation] Extends in a Westerly direction from the junction of Bonnar Street & James Street A long street commencing at the corner of South Inglis Street and Shaddows Wynd, and terminates at Bruce Street. |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 5
Trace 3
Transcriber's notes
Shaddows Wynd - former name for Bonnar Street.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 122 - Town of Dunfermline, OS1/13/122
This volume contains information on the place names found in the town of Dunfermline.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties