Skip to main content

Ordnance Survey - Angus county, OS Name Books - Forfar (Angus) county - Volume 82 - Parish of Tannadice, OS1/14/82

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 82
Co. [County] Forfar -- Tannadice Parish

[Note]
There is no definite information to be
had of the Chapel in connexion with the
Castle of Quiech. Upon the authority of Mr.
Bowman, Shielhill, there were quantities of bones
found about 50 years ago at the angle of
the woods meeting near the Castle, which skirt
the Burns - The White & Black Burns.
There is a Spring in a steep bank
East of "Shielhill Bridge", but it is not
identified with the name "St. Colm" given
in the Land of the Lindsays, nor is this name
known to anybody in the Parish.
The old Thorn tree alluded to in
the "Land of the Lindsays" stood till
within 30 years ago, and was
not far from Shielhill Bridge
& the Old Castle.

Ordnance Survey - Angus county, OS Name Books - Forfar (Angus) county - Volume 82 - Parish of Tannadice, OS1/14/82

This volume contains information on place names found in the Forfarshire parish of Tannadice.

Ordnance Survey - Angus county

Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the county of Angus, which is in the east of Scotland. The boundaries of the county were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.

View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Angus county