Volume contents
- 1 - Various Parishes , Page 1 (start)
- 20 - Various Parishes , Page 20
- 40 - Various Parishes , Page 40
- 60 - Various Parishes , Page 60
- 80 - Various Parishes , Page 80
- 100 - Various Parishes , Page 100
- 120 - Various Parishes , Page 120
- 140 - Various Parishes , Page 140
- 151 - Various Parishes , Page 151 (end)
- 152 - Various Parishes , Title page
- 154 - Various Parishes , Index
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| AIRIDH CAS-TULAICH | Airidh-chas-Tulaich Airidh-chas-Tulaich Airidh Chastulaich Airidh-chas-Tulaich "Airidh-Cas-Tulaich" |
Mr William McLaren Mr Hugh Leitch Mr James McDonald Gaelic Orthography Rev. [Reverend] J. McCallum, Killin, 1896 |
090 | A farm steading and offices on the east side of River Orchy, about 1/2 a mile from Larig. Sig: [Signification] "Ruin of the Steep Hillock". |
| CNOC AN TIGHE | Cnoc an Tighe | Same as above | 090 | A small knoll a little to the east of the above house. Sig: [Signification] "Knoll of the house" |
| ALLT DAIMH | Allt Daimh | Same as above | A good sized stream rising in Coire Daimh and flowing in a north west direction till it falls into the River Orchy upwards of a mile north of Airidh-chas-Tulaich. Sig: [Signification] " [ ] Burn" |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 132
Sheet 90 -- Argyllshire
Ordnance Survey - Argyll county, OS Name Books - Argyll county - Volume 50 - Parishes found on OS 6-inch map sheets XXXII, XXXIII, XXXLV, XLVI, XLVII, XLVIII, LX, LXXVI and XC, OS1/2/50
This volume contains information on place names found in the parishes of Lismore and Appin, Ardchattan, Muckairn and Glenorchy and Inishail.
Ordnance Survey - Argyll county
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the county of Argyll, which is in the west of Scotland. The boundaries of the county were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.