Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| ELIE T.P. | Elie Toll Bar Elie Toll Bar Elie Toll Bar Elie Toll Bar |
John Forgan Elie Toll Bar George Leech Elie Thomas Fenwick Elie Corner ticket on Collectors Residence |
026 | A Toll Bar or Turnpike gate established on the Public road in the village of Elie and leading from Colinsburgh to Pittenweem. It is the property of theTrustees of the County & has a weighing machine fixed adjoining it. the Trustees also rent a house adjoining the Toll gate from Mr. Baird the proprietor of Elie Village, which the let with the Toll Bar as a dwelling house for the collector. |
Continued entries/extra info
95 List of Names collected by Thomas Smith C.Asst. [Civil Assistant]
[Parish of] Elie Plan 26C Trace 4
[page signed] James Carpenter C. Asst [Civil Assistant] 25th November 1853
[page signed] H. James Cap. R.E. [Captain, Royal Engineers]
3rd December 1853
[page signed] T. Smith c-a [Civil Assistant]
11th May 1853
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 81 - Parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar and Elie, OS1/13/81
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar, and Elie.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties