Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| INDEPENDENT CHAPEL [Earlsferry] | Chapel (independent) Chapel (independent) Chapel (independent) Meetinghouse |
William Givin Elie Thomas Fenwick Elie Mr Reddick Ph [Parish] Schoolmaster, Elie Stat Hist. [Statistical History] of County |
026 | A small stone building in good repair erected by sub-scription for and used as an independent chapel or Meetinghouse it is seated for 450 and about half that number is the average attendants the Minister is the Revd [Reverend] Mr Hutchison |
| EARLS FERRY HOUSE | Earlsferry House | [None] | 026 | A large and handsomely built dwelling house with office houses all in good repair attached to it is a small garden neatly kept and fenced with a well enclosed wall It is the property of the Heirs of the late Admiral Dennistoun, and is at present unoccupied. |
Continued entries/extra info
76 List of Names collected by [Thomas Smith Civil Assistant]
[Parish of] Kilconquhar Plan 26C Trace 4
[page signed] Thomas Smith 11th May [1853]
Transcriber's notes
The year of the authorisation has been cut short so that only "1" can be read
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 81 - Parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar and Elie, OS1/13/81
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar, and Elie.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties