Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| BRICK AND TILE WORKS [N of Elie] | Brick & Tile Works | John Forgan James Williamson |
026 | A Brick and Tile work on the Estate of Elie the property of Mr. Baird. It consists of two Kilns for burning the Bricks or Tiles in a number of sheds for drying purposes a clay pit and a small dwelling house, all the buildings are in good repair & large quantities of Bricks & Tiles are made here. |
| CHURCH [parish] | Church | John Forgan Broomlee James Mc Laurin Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster |
026 | A large and handsome building in the Gothic style of architecture with a Tower 80 feet high it was built in 1821 & has an accommodation 1053 sittings the Minister is the Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Milligan. There is a Parish [Manse] attached to it. |
| MANSE [parish] | Manse | John Forgan Broomlee M. James Mc Laurin Ph. [Parish] Schoolmaster Kilconquhar |
026 | A large and neatly built dwelling house with offices, all in good repair They were built in 1815 by the Heritors of the Parish for the use of the Ph. [Parish] Minister for the time being and are at present Occupied by the Revd. [Reverend] Mr. Milligan Ph. [Parish] Minister. |
| SCUDDIE HILL | Scuddie Hill | James Williamson Balbuthie John Forgan Broomlee |
026 | A small Hill of an arable surface on the farm of Balbuthie. on its Summit is a Trignl. [Trigonometrical] Station called by Trignl. [Trigonometrical] Party "Scuddiehill" |
Continued entries/extra info
64 List of Names Collected by Thomas Smith C.Asst. [Civilian Assistant]
[Parish of] Kilconquhar Plan 26C Trace 2
[signed] T. Smith 22nd April [obscured]
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 81 - Parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar and Elie, OS1/13/81
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar, and Elie.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties