Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| CHURCH [parish] | Church (Ph) [Parish] Church (Ph) [Parish] Church (Ph) [Parish] |
John Forgan Alexander Finlayson Stat Acct. of Co. [Statistical Account of County] |
026 | [situation] At the S. [South] end of Park Place. A plain built parish, church surmounted by a spire. The interior is fitted up with seats gallery &c. capable of containing about 600 persons. The date of its erection is not known but on the spire is the following inscription "D.O.M.S. Hoc campanile suis sumptibus extraendum curavit D. Johannes Anstruther de codem Epeus Baronettus anno aeroe Christianoe 1726. Perhaps the Church may have been built at the same time. Sibbalds Hist. [History] of Fife says that it is of modern erection . |
Continued entries/extra info
58 Parish of Elie
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 81 - Parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar and Elie, OS1/13/81
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar, and Elie.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties