Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| SCHOOL [South Street, Elie] | School (sewing) School (sewing) School (sewing) School (sewing) |
Mr. Dick Mr. Reddick Thomas Fenwick Stat Acct. of Co. [Statistical Account of County] |
026 | [situation] On the S. [South] side of South Street. Part of a dwelling house occupied as a sewing school room by Miss Dick. The attendance is from 15 to 30. It is mentioned in the Stat:Acct: [Statistical Account] as being one of the three schools in the parish. |
| FREE CHURCH [Elie] | Free Church Free Church Free Church |
Mr. Reddick George Leech Thomas Fenwick |
026 | [situation] At the N. [North] West side of Elie Village. A small neat edifice surmounted by a spire, erected in 1844 by the Congregation and a grant from the churches building fund. It interior is seated for about 450 The minister is the Rev. [Reverend] W. Wood |
Continued entries/extra info
52 Parish of Elie
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 81 - Parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar and Elie, OS1/13/81
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar, and Elie.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties