Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| SCHOOL [opp. Park Place, Elie] | School (Ph) [Parish] School (Ph) [Parish] School (Ph) [Parish] |
Mr. Reddick Thomas Fenwick John Bennet |
026 | [situation] Opposite Park Place. A plain built parish school house, the average number of scholars attending it about 80. The teacher Mr. Reddick, his salary is the maximum beside school fees. a Free house & Garden. |
| HOTEL [Elie] | Hotel Hotel Hotel Cochrane's Hotel |
Mr. Reddick George Leech Thomas Fenwick Sign Board |
026 | [situation] A little West of the Ph. [Parish] School. A large house occupied as a Hotel or Inn having stabling and other offices attached. Occupied by Mr. Cochrane the property of Mr. Currie. |
Continued entries/extra info
50 Parish of Elie
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 81 - Parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar and Elie, OS1/13/81
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar, and Elie.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties