Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| DEVIL'S CAVE | Devil's Cave Devil's Cave Devil's Cave Devil's Cave Devils-cave |
Alexander Finlayson John Forgan Duncan McGregor History of Fife by Sibbald Leighton's Hist. [History] of Fife |
026 | [situation] About 1 3/4 Miles W by S [West by South] of Elie. A natural cave on the sea coast of the farm of Kincraig. Its entrance is 6ft [feet] high by 4ft [feet] in width and about 170 links in length |
| COACH ROCK | Coach Rock Coach Rock |
William Greig Earlsferry James Stewart Earlsferry |
026 | [situation] On S. [Southern] margin of Earlsferry Links a little E. [East] from McDuffs Cave. A conspicuous rock, visible only at low water- situated about mid-way between McDuff's Cave and Chapel Ness. |
Continued entries/extra info
18 Parish of Kilconquhar
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 81 - Parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar and Elie, OS1/13/81
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parishes of Newburn, Kilconquar, and Elie.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties