Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| CULTS HILL | Cults Hill Cults Hill Cults Hill Cults Hill |
Revd. [Reverend] J. Anderson Cults Mr. A. Smith, Brotus William Pratt Lower Bunzion New Sat Acct [Statistical Account] |
017 | [situation] About 1 Mile S.S.E. [South South East]of the Village of Pitlessie. A hill of ridge like appearance in the north slope of which are extensive limeworks. Named after the Parish. |
| WALTON HILL | Walton Hill Walton Hill |
Revd. [Reverend] J. Anderson William Hardie Pitlessie. |
017; 018 | [situation] About 1 Mile N.E. [Northeast] from Cults Hill. A large arable and wooded hill on the farms of Walton and Struthers, having on its summit a Trigl. [Trigonometrical] Station. On a small hill separated from Walton Hill by 'Tomb Den' is an old Camp. |
Continued entries/extra info
18 Parish of Cults Plan 17B Traces 3 & 4
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 14 - Parishes of Collessie, Cults, Kettle, Cupar, Ceres and Monimail, OS1/13/14
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parishes of Collessie, Cults, Kettle, Cupar, Ceres, and Monimail.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties