Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| CLUNIE COLLIERY | Clunie Colliery Clunie Colliery Clunie Colliery Clunie Colliery Clunie Colliery |
Mr Goodall Coalden Mr Ireland West Finglassie Mr James Goodall Coalden Lease of Colliery Mr Sanglands Surveyor KirKcaldy |
032 | [Situation] 1 7/8 Miles S.W. of the Village of Thornton An extensive Coalfield comprising the whole of the lands of Clunie, now the property of Col, [Colonel] Ferguson M.P. [Member of Parliament] Raith House. The Colliery is leased by Messrs T. & A. Goodall of Coalden, who carry on the Mining operations, The coal is of good quality and is partly consumed in the neighbouring districts, A branch of the Edin [Edinburgh] Perth & Dundee Railway passes thro' [through] it which renders it convenient for removal to more distant places. Copied from Examiner's RemarKs by D. Hannay c/a [civilian assistant] |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 12
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 12 - Parishes of Abbotshall, Auchterderran, Dysart and Wemyss, OS1/13/12
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parishes of Abbotshall, Auchterderran, Dysart, and Wemyss.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties