Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| LEADBRAES COTTAGE | Leadbraes Cottage Leadbraes Cottage |
Mr Vaugan [Vaughan]Leadbraes Cottage John Ramsay Inspector of Poor |
012 | A neat and well constructed house two stories high with large vegetable gardens attached The property and residence of Mr Vaughan - |
| KINNESS BURN | Kinness Burn Kinness Burn Kinness Burn |
John Ramsay Inspector of Poor Mr Fleming South Street Map of St Andrews 1843 |
012 | A small stream which rises at the North side of the village of Strathkinness and flows in an Easterly direction till it empties into the sea at the Harbour of St Andrews |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 50
Parish of St Andrews Sheet 1 Trace 10
About 7Chains South from Madras College [Situation for Leadbraes Cottage]
Passes North of Fleming Place [Situation for Kinness Burn]
John Early ca [Clerical Assistant or Civilian Assistant]
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 101 - Parish of St Andrews and St Leonards, OS1/13/101
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parish of St Andrews and St Leonards.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties