Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| FLEMING PLACE | Fleming Place Fleming Place Fleming Place |
Mr Fleming South Street John Ramsay Inspector of Poor Corner Ticket |
012 | A group of well constructed cottages on the south side of the Kinness Burn, and S.W. [South West] of Leadbraes Cottage They vary from one to two stories high and are occupied by mechanics and agricultural labourers. They are the property of Mr Fleming South Street from whom they have derived their name |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 49
Parish of St Andrews Sheet 1 Trace 10
About 10 chains S.W. [South West] from Madras College [Situation for Fleming Place]
[Signed] M John Early ca [Clerical Assistant or Civilian Assistant]
Transcriber's notes
An entry on this page for "Kinness Bridge" has been endorsed "not on this page" and has therefore not been transcribed.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 101 - Parish of St Andrews and St Leonards, OS1/13/101
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parish of St Andrews and St Leonards.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties