Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| CITY HALL | City Hall City Hall City Hall |
Name on sign board Robert Cunningham St Andrews George Boyack St Andrews |
012 | A small building at the rear of the Town Church, it was formerly a School House, but since 1832 has been used as an Auction room etc being the property of the Corporation - |
| TOWN HOUSE | Town House Town House Town Hall Town-House Town House |
George Boyack St Andrews R. Cunningham St Andrews Plan of St Andrews 1843 Stat. Acct. [Statistical Account for Scotland] 1845 Red C.J. Lyon St Andrews |
012 | A small building near the Centre of Market Street where the Provost and magistrate meet for the despatch of public business, there is a small portion of it allotted for prisoners etc:- |
| SUPPLY RESERVOIR (Water Works) | Supply Reservoir Supply Reservoir |
George Boyack St Andrews R. Cunningham St Andrews |
012 | A large Cistern covered over where a tolerable supply of water is Kept for the Use of the town, the fountain Head is about 1 3/4 miles South of St Andrews where the water is conveyed from in pipes - These Water Works are the property of the town Corporation. |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 37
Parish of Saint Andrews Sheet 1 Trace 7
North of South Street, adjoining the Town Church [Situation for City Hall]
In the centre of South Street [Situation for Town House]
[Signed] J McAnally CA [Clerical Assistant or Civilian Assistant]
Transcriber's notes
No Situation is given on this page for the Name "Supply Reservoir".
The words in Description for "Supply Reservoir" beginning "These Water Works" have been added in red ink in another hand and overwrite the Signature at foot of page.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 101 - Parish of St Andrews and St Leonards, OS1/13/101
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parish of St Andrews and St Leonards.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties