Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| CITY PARK | City Park | William Gibson Proprietor Rae Ireland Argyle Brewery Richard Robertson Argyle Toll Bar |
012 | City Park is a large and elegant dwelling house, erected by Mr William Gibson, Merchant in St Andrews, in 1851. The grounds surrounding the house are laid out with great taste and planted with fine large trees. It is occupied by the proprietor. |
| DOUBLE DYKES | Double Dykes Double Dykes Double Dykes |
William Gibson City Park Rae Ireland Argyle Brewery Richard Robertson Argyle Toll Bar |
012 | The road from the west forms a favourite promenade for the inhabitants of the City, being a cleaner and more quiet walk than that through Argyle. These two being the only entrances to St Andrews in this direction |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 31
Sheet 1 Trace 5
West Side of City Road [Situation for City Park]
Extends S.W. [South West] from City Road [Situation for Double Dykes]
[Signed] James Ireland c/a [Clerical Assistant or Civilian Assistant]
19th Sept [September] 1853
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 101 - Parish of St Andrews and St Leonards, OS1/13/101
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parish of St Andrews and St Leonards.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties