Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| UNITED COLLEGE | United College United College United College of St Salvator and St Leonard United College |
W.F. Ireland Esq factor to the College St Andrews Mr George Boyack St Andrews Plan of St Andrews 1843 Rev C.J. Lyon St Andrews |
012 | This building is in the Eliza [Elizabethan ?] style and was finished the year 1846; it is partly on the site of St Salvators College The colleges of St Salvator a [and] St Leonard were united in 17 [1747] and from that period called the "United College" - It has a principal (Sir Dav [David] Brewster) and eight prof [professors] and erives its revenues f [from] lands and a small gra [grant] allowed annulally by govern [government] The average attendance of Stu [Students] is 145- |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 24
Parish of St Andrews Sheet 1 Trace 4
North Side of North Street [Situation]
Transcriber's notes
Some words in Description are partly lost in tight binding of right margin.
Description continues on Pages 25 and 26.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 101 - Parish of St Andrews and St Leonards, OS1/13/101
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parish of St Andrews and St Leonards.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties