Skip to main content

Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 101 - Parish of St Andrews and St Leonards, OS1/13/101

Continued entries/extra info

[Page] 20
Parish of St Andrews

"Bishop Kennedy the Successor of Wardlaw imitating his noble example founded and endowed the College of St Salvator conferring upon it the tiends of the parishes of Cults, Kemback, Dunino, Fortiviot, and Kilmany, and some chapelries which all belonged to the See. By the first foundation charter it was to consist of a principal six fellows and six poor scholars. By the second which is dated 1458 it was to consist of a doctor, a licentiate and a bachelor in theology, four masters of arts and six poor scholars, who were to be taught the speculative sciences. They were by several royal grants freed from all taxes and tributes and the founder by a contract with the city obtained to his college many privileges". Leighton's Hist. [History] of Fife vol. [volume] 3 p. [page] 24

Transcriber's notes

It is unclear if the material on this page is intended as a continuation of the Description of College Church on page 19

Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 101 - Parish of St Andrews and St Leonards, OS1/13/101

This volume contains information on the place names found in the parish of St Andrews and St Leonards.

Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties

Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.

View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties