Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| Site of ST SALVATOR'S COLLEGE | St Salvators College (Site of) St Salvators College (Site of) |
Walter F Ireland Esq Factor to the College St Andrews George Boyack St Andrews |
012 | Nothing now remains of this College except the Janitor's House or Porters Lodge, it was attached to St Leonards in the year 1747 and still was used as a College until the erection of the United College partly on its site. |
| COLLEGE CHURCH Formerly St Salvator's Chapel | College Church St Salvators College Church St Salvators College Church St Salvators St Salvator's Chapel now College Church |
Walter Ireland Esq Factor to the United College George Boyack St Andrews Dr Alexander Alexander St Andrews Leighton's Hist. [History] of St Andrews |
012 | A handsome little church, built in the gothic style of architecture, which forms the South side of the square of the United College. It was erected about the middle of the 15 Century by Bishop Kennedy, on the North side of the Church is a superb tomb of Black marble over the remains of its pious founder which is stated to have cost £10,000, but was shamefully defaced by some unskilful workmen about 50 years ago, while the edifice was undergoing some repairs; It belongs to the United College, and is seated for the Accommodation of 500 persons, Communicants about 200. The Rev John Cook is the present incumbent whose salary is about £200 yearly. It is the parish church (at present) of St Leonards parish. |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 19
Parish of Saint Andrews Sheet 1 Trace 4
North Side of Market Street Within the United Colleges [Situation for St Salvators College]
North side of Market Street [Situation for College Church]
[Signed] James McAnulty
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 101 - Parish of St Andrews and St Leonards, OS1/13/101
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parish of St Andrews and St Leonards.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties