Volume contents
| List of names as written | Various modes of spelling | Authorities for spelling | Situation | Description remarks |
|---|---|---|---|---|
| INDEPENDENT CHAPEL [Market Street] | Independent Chapel Independent Chapel |
Rev William Lothian Minister St Andrews Joseph Cook Stationer St Andrews |
012 | A small plain building with a gallery, seated for about 320, the average number of attendants is about 150, the average number of communicants is 60. The Rev William Lothian is the present minister, his stipend is about £80, which is raised by the congregation, there is a small garden attached to the chapel. The building is situated a little to the West of the Town House, and on the North side of Market Street. It was erected in 1807 and enlarged in 1825, it is at present in a good state of repair. |
Continued entries/extra info
[Page] 15
Parish of St Andrews Sheet 1 Trace 3
North Side of Market Street [Situation]
[Signed] P McHugh [--] R.S.M. [Regimental Sergeant Major ?]
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties, OS Name Books - Fife and Kinross county - Volume 101 - Parish of St Andrews and St Leonards, OS1/13/101
This volume contains information on the place names found in the parish of St Andrews and St Leonards.
Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties
Ordnance Survey was established in the 18th century to create maps, surveys and associated records for the entirety of Great Britain. These records are arranged by county. This entry has been created to enable searching for Ordnance Survey records for the counties of Fife in the east of Scotland and Kinross in central Scotland. The boundaries of these counties were altered by the Boundary Commissioners in 1891.
View more volumes for Ordnance Survey - Fife and Kinross counties