Kilmacolm Free kirk session
A secession church court. It began as a Free Church preaching station from 1843 to 1859, but this was then abandoned in favour of the United Presbyterians. The population increased, however, and the Free Church returned in 1880. The charge was sanctioned in 1881. The congregation passed to the United Free Church, as Kilmacolm St Columba's, in 1900, and to the Church of Scotland in 1929. Kilmacolm St Columba, as it was then styled, united with the former United Presbyterian church as Kilmacolm St James' in 1957.