Skip to main content

Glasgow - Govanhill United Presbyterian, United Free kirk session

A secession church court. It began as a preaching station on Cathcart Road in 1875, and was erected as a United Presbyterian parish in 1876. It passed to the United Free Church in 1900, and to the Church of Scotland, as Govanhill West, in 1929. The parish was dissolved in 1952, when it united with Glasgow - Govanhill South to form Glasgow - Govanhill.

Records available

No records found in Virtual Volumes on Scotland’s People. Records might be available at the National Records of Scotland (NRS). Please consult the NRS catalogue.