Skip to main content

Glasgow - Wellington United Presbyterian, United Free kirk session

A secession church court. It began in 1792 as Glasgow - Anderston (Antiburgher) Church in Cheapside Street. The congregation passed to the United Presbyterian Church. The congregation became known as Glasgow - Wellington United Presbyterian Church in 1827, after the congregation moved to a new church on Wellington Street. In 1880 the congregation moved to its current location in University Avenue. It passed to the United Free Church in 1900 and to the Church of Scotland in 1929. The congregation was dissolved in 1974, when it united with Glasgow - Woodlands to form Glasgow - Wellington (II).

Records available

No records found in Virtual Volumes on Scotland’s People. Records might be available at the National Records of Scotland (NRS). Please consult the NRS catalogue.