Skip to main content

Glasgow - Elgin Street United Presbyterian, United Free kirk session

A secession church court. It began as a United Presbyterian preaching station in 1854. It moved to Elgin Street (now Turriff Street) in 1874. The congregation passed to the United Free Church in 1900 and united with Glasgow - Eglinton Street in 1920 to form Glasgow - Eglinton Elgin Church. The united congregation passed to the Church of Scotland in 1929, and united again with Glasgow - Candlish Memorial to form Glasgow - Candlish Memorial in 1953.

Records available

No records found in Virtual Volumes on Scotland’s People. Records might be available at the National Records of Scotland (NRS). Please consult the NRS catalogue.