Skip to main content

Glasgow - Cathedral Square United Presbyterian, United Free, Church of Scotland kirk session

A secession church court. It began as an Antiburgher congregation in 1747, at first meeting at a hall on Queen Street until the early 1750s, when it moved into its a new church on Havannah Street. The congregation moved to a new church on Duke Street in 1801, as Duke Street Antiburgher Church. The congregation passed to the United Presbyterian Church in 1847, and moved again in 1880 to Cathedral Square, becoming Glasgow - Cathedral Square United Presbyterian Church. It passed to the United Free Church in 1900, and to the Church of Scotland in 1929. The parish was dissolved in 1941, when it united with Glasgow - Regent Place as Glasgow - Regent Place and Cathedral Square.

Records available