Skip to main content

Edinburgh - Rose Street United Associate, United Presbyterian kirk session

A secession church court. It began as a United Associate Session (Burgher) congregation in 1786. Most of the congregation moved to Broughton Place in 1821, but a minority preferred to remain and form a separate congregation. The minority congregation passed to the United Presbyterian Church in 1847 and in 1875 removed to Palmerston Place. It then passed to the United Free Church in 1900, as Edinburgh Palmerston Place, and to the Church of Scotland in 1929.

Records available

No records found in Virtual Volumes on Scotland’s People. Records might be available at the National Records of Scotland (NRS). Please consult the NRS catalogue.