Edinburgh - St Columba's Free, United Free, Church of Scotland kirk session
A secession church court. It began as a Free Church in 1843 with the minister and most of the congregation of the Gaelic Church. In 1864 the congregation became known as St Columba's Free. A large number of the congregation left to form the Free Presbyterian congregation in Edinburgh in 1892. Parts of the congregation of Edinburgh St Columba's Free passed to the United Free Church in 1900. Other parts remained within the Free Church and united with Fountainbridge Free Church or joined Buccleuch-Greyfriars Free Church. The congregation reverted to the Church of Scotland in 1929 under the name St Columba’s. Edinburgh St Columba merged with Edinburgh Gaelic Chapel to form Edinburgh Highland Church in 1948.