Dundee - Chalmers' Free, United Free kirk session
A secession church court. It began as a Free Church mission formed by St Peter's, St David's and St John's Free Churches in the Scouringburn area (later Brook Street). In 1852 a church opened in Hunter Street to house this congregation, which was called Chalmers' Territorial Church. Chalmers Free Church was sanctioned in 1854 as a Church Extension. The congregation passed to the United Free Church in 1900, and to the Church of Scotland in 1929. It became known as Chalmers-Ardler in 1968.