Skip to main content

Coupar Angus Antiburgher, United Presbyterian kirk session

A secession church court. It began as an Antiburgher Church formed in 1740 by the Associate Presbytery. It was at first linked with Dundee, but split at the schism of 1747. The congregation passed to the United Presbyterian Church in 1847 and to the United Free Church in 1900, in the latter case as Coupar Angus South. It then united with Coupar Angus North in 1927 as Coupar Angus. In 1929 the congregation passed to the Church of Scotland as Coupar Angus St Andrew's, and united with Coupar Angus Abbey in 1948 as Coupar Angus Abbey.

Records available

No records found in Virtual Volumes on Scotland’s People. Records might be available at the National Records of Scotland (NRS). Please consult the NRS catalogue.