Skip to main content

Ceres Associate, United Presbyterian, United Free kirk session

A secession church court. The congregation was founded in 1742 as Ceres West (Antiburgher). For the first two years worship was probably conducted in the open air, as there is no record of a church building before 1744. In 1877 the congregation moved to a new building in St Andrew's Road, but already talks were in progress for uniting with Ceres East church. This union finally took place in 1885. In 1913 this congregation in turn united with Ceres South United Free Church. In 1929 the congregation united with the Church of Scotland charge of Ceres.

Records available

No records found in Virtual Volumes on Scotland’s People. Records might be available at the National Records of Scotland (NRS). Please consult the NRS catalogue.