Levenside (Renton) Associate (Burgher), Reformed Presbyterian, Free, United Free kirk session
A secession church court. The congregation was founded in 1784 in the town of Renton and parish of Cardross. The first minister was ordained into the charge in 1786. When the majority of the Original Burgher Synod joined the Church of Scotland in 1839 the congregation remained with the minority and eventually joined the Reformed Presbyterian Church in 1843. This Church united with the Free Church in 1876. The charge passed to the United Free Church in 1900 and united with Renton South in 1911. In 1929 it passed to the Church of Scotland as Renton Union. In 1969 it came together with Renton Milburn and Renton Old to form the united charge of Renton Trinity.