Skip to main content

Cowdenbeath Free kirk session

A secession church court. It began as a Free Church station in 1856. The congregation passed to the United Free Church in 1900, as Cowdenbeath Guthrie, and to the Church of Scotland, as Cowdenbeath Guthrie Memorial, in 1929. It was first reduced in status, in 1945, linked with Beath in 1962, and united with Lumphinnans in 1972 as Cowdenbeath North.

Records available

No records found in Virtual Volumes on Scotland’s People. Records might be available at the National Records of Scotland (NRS). Please consult the NRS catalogue.