Skip to main content

Arbroath - Princes St First United Associate (Antiburgher), United Presbyterian, United Free kirk session

A secession church court. It began as an Antiburgher congregation in 1782, with a session constituted in 1784. A church was built in North Grimsby Street, which then gave its name to the congregation. After transfer to the United Presbyterian Church, a new church was built and opened in 1867, leading to a name change to Princes Street. In 1900 the congregation passed to the United Free Church, and in 1929 to the Church of Scotland. In 1959, the congregation united with the parish of Arbroath - Erskine under the name of Arbroath - St Columba's.

Records available

No records found in Virtual Volumes on Scotland’s People. Records might be available at the National Records of Scotland (NRS). Please consult the NRS catalogue.