Please note: Two separate methods of payment are employed on this site: Access to statutory, old parish register, census records, valuation rolls and wills & testaments is based on a system of credits, purchased through a card transaction or a Voucher, but payment for images of coats of arms is done directly through a card transaction. Access to the wills & testaments index and the coats of arms index is free.
HOW TO PURCHASE CREDITS FOR ACCESS TO STATUTORY, OLD PARISH REGISTER, WILLS & TESTAMENTS, CATHOLIC PARISH REGISTER, VALUATION ROLLS & CENSUS INDEXES AND IMAGES
- When you first register, you will automatically be taken to a New User page where you can begin the purchase process. If you are already a registered user, simply log in and then select "Buy more credits" from the top right hand corner of the screen.
- Payment can be made through credit or debit card, and all card transactions are processed through our secure payment gateway. It accepts most major credit and debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit, Switch, Solo, Delta and JCB. Please note that your card details are never stored on our servers - this is done by our payment gateway provider.
- Select the number of credits you would like to purchase from the drop-down menu, then click on the PURCHASE button. You will be taken to the credit purchasing page.
- Follow the payment instructions. When you make payment please ensure that you allow enough time for the transaction to finalise. Once payment is authorised, your credits will be allocated and your one year session of access will begin.
NOTE: Payments made by credit or debit card will appear on your statement as ScotlandsPeople.
Very occasionally, the payment gateway servers will be offline for maintenance. If this occurs, outage information will be displayed in the Latest Update & News section on the front page of this site.
If you experience any problems with the payment gateway, please Contact Us using the form provided.
If you would like further information on our payment gateway partners, please feel free to visit them:
Page credit purchases cannot be refunded, but they may be extended in special cases.
HOW TO PURCHASE IMAGES OF COATS OF ARMS
- Digital images of an original coat of arms cost 10GBP per document, regardless of length and to purchase these you will first need to conduct a FREE search of the coat of arms index.
- On the index results page, the Image column for each entry will display "View (10.00)", and indicate the number of pages in the chosen document. If you click on “View”, that document will be added to your shopping basket. The number of items and total cost of items in your shopping basket will appear at the top of the screen.
- Your shopping basket can be viewed when you are logged in by selecting “Shopping Basket” from the top menu and you may add or delete items at any time during the purchase process. However, please note that after one hour of inactivity, or if you log out, items are deleted from your shopping basket automatically.
- When you are ready to purchase your chosen item(s), hit “Next Stage” to proceed to the purchase page. Hit "Purchase" to then proceed to the Secure Payment Page. Payment can be made through credit or debit card, and all card transactions are processed through ScotlandsPeople's secure payment gateway. We accept most major credit and debit cards, including Visa, Mastercard, Visa Debit, Switch, Solo, Delta and JCB. Please note that your card details are never stored on our servers.
- Check your personal details are correct and fill out your card details. Remember that you may cancel your purchase at any time. When you make payment, ensure that you allow enough time for the transaction to finalise.
- When the transaction is successful, you will be redirected back to the main site and receive an e-mail confirming the payment.
NOTE: Payments made by credit or debit card will appear on your statement as "ScotlandsPeople".
- The coat of arms image may then be viewed by selecting it from “Viewed Images”